Solution to terrible hand and wrist pain?
Hope this email finds you well my friend. You might remember our convo, but I’m writing you b/c I’ve been experiencing terrible hand and wrist pain on my rides and wondering if you could provide some help as the discomfort is so bad, it’s really bumming me out.
Some background info (again):
- I’m 173 cm tall / 215 lbs
- All my riding is New England roots and rocks
- Riding a medium Ibis Ripley V4
- Handlebars – One up – cut down to 760mm
- Stem – been constantly going back and forth between 40 & 50mm. I know you said 30 is better (and I know it improves my RAD) – but I found the 30 made my steering just too twitchy
- Grips – I played with ESI, all the Ergons and currency running the PNW Loams
We already chatted stem size, and I still can’t find the answer, but what I do notice is that my wrists are never straight when I grip. My hands are always bent inwards and not parallel with bar.
Maybe I need to try SQlab?
Any advice would be helpful and thanks again in advance.