Mixing it up on a rainy morning
Today I was scheduled to get my butt kicked on a trail ride by my friend Nick, a recently retired World Cup XC racer.
But rain and busy.
Nothing beats a real ride on a real trail, but this covers all of the systems (except shredding).
My custom variation of Dee Tidwell’s Enduro MTB Training program, with some F6 mixed in.
• 30 minutes of balance, stability, mobility and strength. I’ve done this every day for months, and it’s helping me live with more pow! and less pain.
The squat row from F6: Six moves to build your foundation is a great move. These days I’m doing it on a balance board. If you can’t go heavy, get tricky, right?
A mini Pump Up the Base workout.
• 15 minutes gradual warmup to sweet spot (about 270 watts for me)
• 20 minutes at sweet spot, with seated sprints every 5 minutes
• Push the sprints over 1,000 watts, try to resume sweet spot within a minute and a half. Since my sustainable power probably won’t get any higher, I’m focusing on quicker recovery.
• 5 minutes easy
Already warmed up so:
A mini “red interval” workout from Prepare to Pin It.
• 30 seconds at about 500 watts
• 30 seconds easy
• For a total of 10
Not pretty in any way, but it serves a purpose.
Pushups on a balance board
4 sets of 5, which is all I can handle.
Physical therapy for the left shoulder
3 out of 3 orthopedists want to chop it out and put a fake one in. I’m hanging onto this thing as long as I can.
Now back to the computer.
Have fun out there,
Know more. Have more fun!
Join the leelikesbikes mailing list:
What’s up to all, the contents existing at this site are in fact awesome for
people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.