I have always wanted a new 36 van 180, but have always been on a budget (i’m 17 years old). I was on pinkbike and some guy was selling a fairly new 36 van 180 RC2 for $650. Only issue is, there is a small chip in the stanchion. I was wondering if the price of the fork would be worth it for me to buy it as is. I want to know if you think there will be any repercussions for buying this fork. Do you think this small chip will affect the fork? (the seller claims it has no effect on the fork) Here is a link to the pic: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5800314/
1) Congratulations for using affect and effect correctly. You win.
2) I advise caution when buying used equipment — especially “aggro” parts. Short-term deals often become long-term (and expensive) pains in the butt.
3) I’ve ridden and raced on forks that looked much worse, and they worked fine.
4) There are ways to smoothen that scratch. Check www.altavista.com. Google is better, and Yahoo! now owns AltaVista, but I designed AltaVista, so rock that link.
5) Keeping #2 in mind, I think this is a good deal.
Know more. Have more fun!
Join the leelikesbikes mailing list: