Jerome from Bozeman, MT here. Hey, I’ve purchased your Welcome to Pump Track Nation book and some plans and also your skills book. Great stuff, man. Thanks. I’ve a lingering question. How do I keep the weeds from growing in my pump track? Thanks!
My ex track had great dirt, mulch, flagstone and very few weeds.
Ride it like crazy!
That’ll take care of the riding surface. Here are some ideas for the sides of the rollers and the tops/backs of the berms:
• Plant something that will hold the space. Grass, wildflowers, etc.
• Put mulch/bark down. That can help.
• Put down weed barrier fabric like you would in a garden.
• Poison. That’s neither PC nor widely publicized, but some public tracks use Roundup.
• Pavement or flagstone. Heck, you can pave the riding surfaces too.
What other ideas does everyone have?
You can’t have a world champion standing on weeds. Brian Lopes hangs in the midfield on my old pump track.
Know more. Have more fun!
Join the leelikesbikes mailing list: