I got home from Sea Otter Tuesday night. I cared for Mommy and The Twins, did some work, washed everything, packed back up, and here I am two nights later camping at a ranch outside Grand Junction, CO.
Tomorrow I’m rocking the skills clinic at the Ranchstyle event. Reporting from the idling Sprinter:
– Tomorrow’s session will cover the core skills (mandatory!), but we will focus on carrying smooth speed over mixed terrain.
– Ranch owner Matt and I just walked the dual slalom and slopestyle courses — flashlight style — and they look amazing. Turny, bumpy, steep, jumpy, flowy. The brand new pump track looks good too.
– I brought the P.3, SX, Stumpy and Enduro. The P.3 will carve the pump track. The slalom course has SX written all over it, but I will teach on the bike that’s most like my students’. Most likely the Stumpy. But that new Enduro needs some dialing …
– Tomorrow’s clinic will have the full range from new riders to pro racers. Good thing everyone needs the same work (but at different velocities and amplitudes). Tomorrow we discover the Grand Unifying Theory of Braaap.
– Thirteen are signed up. That leaves two spots. If you want to rock it, come on up and say hey. Better: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll be checking email first thing.
Sweet! I look forward to riding my bike and spreading the braaap.
PS: I still have photos and videos from the Sea Otter pro pump track. I’ll get them up next week.