Yesterday I rode my rigid S-Works Stumpjumper on Picture Rock Trail in Lyons, CO.
It felt just like riding my 1988 Diamondback Apex — except …
• This S-Works Stumpjumper frame is made of highly optimized carbon fiber.
• So is the Chisel fork.
• And so are the Roval wheels.
• XT derailleur means no chain slap.
• XT hydraulic disc brakes stop on a dime.
• DX clip-in pedals are way smarter than toe straps.
• PRO 50mm stem with 29-inch bars.
• Dropper post!
OK, so riding this bike is nothing like riding a 1988 Diamondback Apex. But the stoke is the same.
There’s something so sweet about this carbon beauty. It’s a rocket on the pump track and a magic carpet in the jumps (as long as you land in the right places). On smooth sections of trail — wow — it rides with this sublime, filtered efficiency. It makes me want to ride really far.
Know more. Have more fun!
Join the leelikesbikes mailing list: