I have thread in my gums!
I got some rockin’ gum surgery this past Thursday, and so far so good. I took a Percocet a few hours ago, so forgive the syntax. Of note:
The more you click, the more I can post. Lee Likes Groceries dot com!
– I took a Halcyon an hour before the procedure, supposedly to calm me down. According to The Wife, I was running around the office like a spaz: Jogging laps around the waiting room, grabbing her butt on each pass. Whoo hoo! Lee Has Nervous Energy Dot Com!
– Doctor Rogers was awesome. Super friendly and patient. I think I was trying his patience. Who asks to pee halfway through surgery? Anyone who has travelled with me knows: Me.
– The numbing shots were gnarly! Yeah, those are big needles, and yeah they’re in my mouth.
– After everything got numb, it was a matter of hearing the ripping/tearing noises and pretending I was somewhere else. La la, sweet Santa Cruz singletrack …
– Surreal: The sound, feel and sight of thread being pulled the inside of your mouth and tied into lots of neat little knots. Yeah, inside your mouth.
– Trying not to think about the fact: The doctor cut chunks from my upper palate, sliced my lower gums away from my teeth to create pockets, then sewed the chunks into the pockets. I opened my eyes once during the procedure to see a little chunk of gleaming red flesh returning to my mouth. La la, sweet singletrack …
– I’ve had no pain, which is great. I just stopped the Percocet (I like that stuff too much), and I’m continuing the Vitamin IB. Fingers crossed.
– Apple sauce and mushed bananas are really tasty — for about three days! This boy is ready for some crispy-crust pizza. Almost two weeks to go …
Hope you get well soon Lee, just remember you shouldn’t have beer after the Percocet..or should you? 😉
“Alcohol may intensify the effect …”
I had all my wisdom teeth stolen not too long ago and I know your feeling. The smoothies are the best and that first crunchy chip is so much better when you know you couldn’t have eaten it a few days ago.
Oh, this is the painful stuff. But after some short while all the pain just disappears.
Good luck with ibuprofen 🙂