Here’s another gem from the BMX book. I’m pinned but getting ‘er done.
Chris Powell was gracious enough to intentionally case this high-speed double on the Chula Vista Olympic track. He made even this bad landing look good.
Cool things to note
• His bike follows the terrain.
• His center of mass goes straight.
• His head does the opposite of the terrain.
How he does it
This is a pro-active move — much like pumping a roller.
• Extend the landing gear.
• Start pulling up BEFORE impact.
• Fully absorb the bump.
• Extend into the backside for control and pump.
Pretty awesome. If you could case this smoothly, imagine the confidence you’d have.
OK, back to work.