Lots of people have been asking this one. Let’s hope they Google this post before they send emails.
• They are decent pedals with large flat areas.
• Do not use pedals that are made for toe straps. Some of you kids have no idea what I’m talking about.
• You can afford them. I have ridden pedals ranging from $30 to $100+, and they all work. Do the expensive ones work better? Yes, but you can get a great pedal for around $70.
Answer Rove FR. I’ve been running this $70 pedal all season, and I like it very much.
• Traction pins. These really dig into your soles. Bonus points if these pins are replaceable.
• Concave platform. Better grip than a flat platform.
• Round or angled leading edges. Less disruptive in the rocks.
• Low profile. Improves pedaling and reduces pedal strikes.
• A color you like.
• Super rad pro style.
The $180 Point One Racing Podium Pedal is pure sexiness. Does it work 2.5 times as well as a $70 pedal? Probably not, but it has super rad pro style. No, I have not ridden this pedal.
• Get some pedals. Ride your bike.
Know more. Have more fun!
Join the leelikesbikes mailing list: