I’m busy working on the BMX book, and I have to share this. It’s RAD!!!
Rider: Danny “Easy Money” Caluag, ABA points leader in both AA Pro and Cruiser.
Location: Orange YMCA BMX, Orange, Calif.
He’s doing a lot of awesome stuff here. The highlights:
1. He approaches this double at almost 30 mph.
2. He rocks back into a manual and …
3. … hops off his back wheel.
4. He sucks up the roller and crests on the back of his bike. When I say you need access to the rear of your cockpit, this is what I mean.
5. He manuals very aggressively and …
6. … uses that downforce to hop over the second hump.
7. He pulls himself forward and lands with all his weight on the front end. When I say you need access to the front of your cockpit, this is what I mean.
8. He extends and pumps hard. Note that he carried almost all of his speed.
Open this image in another window so you can compare it with the text. It’s 1,500 pixels wide.
The book will have an entire chapter showing different ways to ride common BMX obstacles. Sweet!
OK riders, let’s set ’em up …