Pinned adj The state of riding (typically a motorcycle) with the throttle wide open. Maxed out. On the ragged edge.
|The SMBA monkeys rail some curvy goodness.|
Sorry for the staleness of this site. The past couple weeks have been, well, pinned:
- Adult and youth riding camps with SMBA (Fun but exhausting.)
- Dialing in the curriculum to certify bicycle skills instructors. (This is becoming HUGE; looks like I’ll be training high school mtb coaches this fall.)
- Racing and coaching at the Crested Butte Mountain States Cup (My boys did great, and so did I. Hell yeah; mid-pack semipro.)
- Week-long downhill camp at Keystone/Vail (Boo-hoo. Poor me.)
- Dirt jumping at a sweet spot in Summit County (Don’t even ask for directions.)
- My own personal downhilling (Thanks to Curtis Keene I stepped it up big time, but see #8.)
- Moto trail adventure (45 high-country miles with nary a pedal. Braaap!)
- A torn/ruptured ulnar collateral ligament in my thumb. As I went over the bars my thumb hooked the grip and got bent to a silly degree. (I’ll know more this afternoon).
Full reports as soon as possible. If the thumb is super jacked, I’ll have more time for writing.
|The SMBA downhill campers at Keystone. Clockwise from top left: Kate who makes it all happen, Blair, Dylan, Martin, Cody, Joe, Joey, Curtis the best co-coach ever, Ben and me.|
It’s not what you accomplish in life. It’s what you overcome.