Building Captain America
If all goes well, the Stumpjumper HT EVO-R experiment will come together tomorrow.
Thanks to the kind support of my supporters:
– Stumpjumper hardtail M5 frame is here. Captain America is very blue, with white and red flourishes. He fights for truth and justice. He weighs 3.25 pounds.
– Fox 831 fork is ready to distribute force into berms. This will be a huge upgrade from the light XC fork on the P.bike.
– Sun Charger Pro wheels are ready to roll. The older Charger 27s are on their second Stumpy FSR and still perfect; the new models look a lot tricker, plus they’re Stan’s-ready.
– Answer bar, stem and pedals are gonna give me something to hang onto.
– X-Fusion Hilo 100 seat post is gonna give me the range I need.
– Gamut P20 chain guide is on a UPS plane. I’m going to start with a 1×9 setup.
– Hayes Stroker brakes are ready to control the whole adventure. I’ve been rocking them on my Stumpy and Enduro DH — as modeled in MMBSii — and they’ve been working great.
Drivetrain parts should reach The Fix Bike Shop tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon I hope to seat the brake pads, find the creaks and get everything dialed for …
Big testing action!
Wednesday I leave for a pump track build in SoCal, then clinics in SoCal and NorCal. Hoping to ride the Fox and Specialized pump tracks. Captain America will get two weeks worth of crime fighting!
Know more. Have more fun!
Join the leelikesbikes mailing list: